The Pilon Gallery, established in 1973, started with the art legacy which the painter and photographer's son presented to the town of Ajdovščina in 1970, after his father's death. The collection has been enriched since then with repurchases and donations. There is also an extensive archive: documents, manuscripts, correspondence, books and personal objects of the artist. The Pilon Gallery has, beside the permanent collection, an exhibition programme which includes painting, sculpture, print-making, architecture, design and photography. The gallery incorporates two buildings, one of which is Pilon's home, where the baker's shop of his father was situated. Both façades are separately preserved as well as the interior of the painter's home in all its original structure. The director of the reconstruction of both houses into the gallery is Ajdovščina architect Svetozar Križaj (1921-1996) who received the Plečnik Award for this work in 1976.